Friday, September 21, 2012

"But I know where I am!"


The other day we, Laila, Ashraf and the scribe went for an evening walk along the picturesque by-pass road sprinkled with tea estates and trees practicing their own diet schedules. We told Ashraf, a non Malayalee student from Bangalore, jokingly, so as to lift the kid`s spirit up:

“We have kidnapped you! Nobody, not even your family knows where you are now….”
“But I know where I am!”
He replied with his angelic smile.

Photographed by Pooja Sheth
   
As I continued walking with my colleague and student I brooded on the sentence.
How many of us can confidently say ‘We know where we are”
How many of us are aware of the possibilities life has strewn all around?!
How many of us stop and stoop to pick a book from the dusty table, touch the soft petal of a dew kissed flower, marvel at the colored clouds of the evening sky?
And how many of us are happy and feel blessed to be alive on this blue pearl of a planet spinning majestically in the universe?

There are a lot of questions and it is sad there are less answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment